About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little piece of the cyberworld. I am an Amateur Extra Class ham radio operator from Kentucky. In addition to ham radio, other interests include paddling kayaks and canoes, camping, flyfishing, shooting and photography...I am a major Jimmy Buffett fan (fans are known as Parrotheads). But, location, work and finances sort of got in the way of being a beach bum as a career. I am also an animal lover and have several pets. I also have a Facebook page at steve.kj4kki.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Severe Storm This Week

Well, the storm that came through with 70+ mph winds didn't produce any tornadoes in our area.  I'm glad about that.  It did bring down a large portion of a maple tree in my front yard, and left at least 4 top limbs hanging by slivers.  I spent most of the day Thursday with a chainsaw cutting up limbs and dragging them to the street.  It could have done a lot of damage to the house, but we got lucky with only a soccer ball sized hole in the roof, about 5 feet of gutter damaged, and a foot rest for a lawn chair killed.  Turns out the insurance company won't pay on a tree, because it isn't considered property.  I'm hoping the tree removal company is affordable...

No comments:

Post a Comment