About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little piece of the cyberworld. I am an Amateur Extra Class ham radio operator from Kentucky. In addition to ham radio, other interests include paddling kayaks and canoes, camping, flyfishing, shooting and photography...I am a major Jimmy Buffett fan (fans are known as Parrotheads). But, location, work and finances sort of got in the way of being a beach bum as a career. I am also an animal lover and have several pets. I also have a Facebook page at steve.kj4kki.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Can Finally Put Up My OCFD!

Patience finally paid off.  Thanks to our storm in May, a broken tree is hanging in several pieces in my yard.  Another tree is growing around my antenna tower.  The tree company took forever to get to me, but tomorrow they are cutting down the damaged tree and trimming the limbs by the tower. Then, up goes my 80m OCFD, with a 4:1 Balun Designs dual core balun.  It will be nice having twice the elevation and 80/40/20/10m.  I'm not certain if I can use 6m, but it's so dead most of the time that it doesn't really matter.  While the insurance company won't pay for cutting down the tree, they can work clearing debris and removal from the house area and roof into a claim, which hopefully will pay most of the cost.  Yeah for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment