About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little piece of the cyberworld. I am an Amateur Extra Class ham radio operator from Kentucky. In addition to ham radio, other interests include paddling kayaks and canoes, camping, flyfishing, shooting and photography...I am a major Jimmy Buffett fan (fans are known as Parrotheads). But, location, work and finances sort of got in the way of being a beach bum as a career. I am also an animal lover and have several pets. I also have a Facebook page at steve.kj4kki.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Update

Not too much to report here.  I enjoyed Museum Ships Weekend, and got some good contacts.  I managed to have contacts in Ecuador, the Slovak Republic (and 2 Russian stations a while back), and some more states.  I found out about the 3905 Century Club Net on 40m.  It is a good way to get WAS and other awards.

I decided to hold off on my Extra Class exam until July.  It will be the new material, but with Ham Test Online, it is proving to be a good way to study.  I have the current ARRL book, but I went ahead and got the 2012-2016 book by Gordo to read and compare.

That's about all to report for now.  Hope everybody is getting some good DX.

No comments:

Post a Comment