About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little piece of the cyberworld. I am an Amateur Extra Class ham radio operator from Kentucky. In addition to ham radio, other interests include paddling kayaks and canoes, camping, flyfishing, shooting and photography...I am a major Jimmy Buffett fan (fans are known as Parrotheads). But, location, work and finances sort of got in the way of being a beach bum as a career. I am also an animal lover and have several pets. I also have a Facebook page at steve.kj4kki.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Heard Budd Drummond W3FF of Buddipole On Air

While I was checking out 20m, I heard Budd Drummond, inventor of the Buddipole on the air from California.  I tried for a long time, but just couldn't get through.  He has a model A Ford that he is mobile in, a 3-wheel bike that he goes mobile in, and does DXpeditions, such as Buddies in the Caribbean.  He seems like a great person.  I wish the atmosphere would have allowed a QSO.  Somebody in Tennessee and a ham in Indiana both made it.  Maybe I'll hear him on the air some other time.

1 comment:

  1. Would have been an interesting contact.My late great uncle owned a Model A in the early 1950`s
    which he maintained himself.

    ReplyDelete